FTA is a method to identify possible causes and especially combinations of causes for the occurrence of a safety-critical event (for example fire in a system, unwanted acceleration of a vehicle) qualitatively as well as quantitatively and with that to calculate the probability of occurrence of the safety-critical event by means of Boolean algebra.
Because of normative requirements like ISO 26262, which demand both qualitative and quantitative statements regarding the probability of occurrence of failure modes, the FTA gains importance.
- Moderation of qualitative and und quantitativ FTA (methodological expertise)
- Allocation of failure rates and failure probabilities in the Boolean graph
- Qualitative and quantitative analyses (failure probability of the top event, common cause failures, minimal cut sets, single point failures, sensitivity analysis, importance characteristics)
- Preparation of system reports
- Support of presentations to the management or customers
- Consultancy towards a successful implementation of the FTA process in your company
- Professional trainings for methodology and software (for example via CONTEXT training subscription)
We create professional FTA using the FaultTree+ software from isograph company.
Not only the correct treatment of common cause failures but also the representation of system reactions or different system states require a mathematical understanding of stochastics as well as the ability to apply the Boolean algebra. Our FTA moderators will consult you beneficially even for the most complex technical systems.